Easy to use any leftover vegetables in refrigerator.
- To prep: 10 min
- To Cook: 15 min
- 9 Ingredients
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ packet shoulder bacon or turkey bacon
- 8 cups mixed vegetables such as carrot, garlic, green beans, onion, baby marrow or other, chopped
- 400g can whole tomatoes
- 400g can kidney beans or borlotti beans, drained
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- 3 ½ cups water
- Grated cheese, to serve (parmesan or mozzarella)
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook the bacon, stirring occasionally until golden brown. Add the mixed vegetables.
2. Cook stir occasionally, for 4 minutes or until just tender. Season
3. Add the canned tomatoes, beans, pasta and water.
4. Bring to boil.
5. Reduce the heat to low.
6. Simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp.
7. Serve with a small cheese sprinkle and drizzle with a few drops of olive oil.